In School Tech: 6 Important Lessons From Maine’s Student Laptop Program, Sarah Kessler summarizes some key lessons learned from the statewide learning with laptops initiative in Maine:
1. Treat Technology as a Tool, Not a Curriculum Area
2. Think Differently About Teaching
3. Decide to Do It, Not Pilot It
4. Concentrate on Current Curriculum Initiatives at First
5. Support Teachers as Much as Possible
6. Make Technology Part of Teachers’ Everyday Language, Too
Have your say - comment on whether there are key lessons that Sarah left out.