There are a number of great graduate seminars, workshops and learning opportunities offered by several groups at the University of Calgary:
Faculty of Education
- Thursday Noon Seminars - Every week, a helpful seminar or workshop organized by the Research Office, GPESA or the EDSAs is held in the Faculty of Education to support Student Success. Check out the upcoming seminars here: http://educ.ucalgary.ca/node/2329
- October Poster Fair - Each Fall, the Research Office organizes a Graduate Student Poster Fair. This year the Poster Fair will take place on October 24th at TERA, EDT 830 from 3:30pm to 5pm. To submit a proposal to prepare and present a poster about your research, click here: http://educ.ucalgary.ca/node/1219 - deadline Oct 17th!
- Top 3 reasons Why you should present a poster about your research:
- Reason 1: a chance to interact with other students and learn about their research
- Reason 2: road-test your ideas
- Reason 3: an opportunity to win an award for first, second, and third best research poster
- Stay Tuned - Education 3MT Competition!!
- My GradSkills provides a comprehensive range of professional and academic
development opportunities to give graduate students the skills they need to succeed before and after graduation: http://grad.ucalgary.ca/mygradskills.
- 3MT - Three Minute Thesis Competition, an internationally recognized research communication competition developed by The University of Queensland in 2008. The exercise challenges thesis based graduate students to present a compelling presentation on their thesis topic and its significance in three minutes or less: http://grad.ucalgary.ca/mygradskills/3MT
University of Calgary Library
- Student Services: There is a diverse array of courses offered by the Library on Literature Search (Very Important and Useful!!), Academic Writing, Thesis Formatting, EndNote, RefWorks, and more. I encourage all graduate students to take advantage of these great learning opportunities: http://library.ucalgary.ca/workshops